TRYP Rides Terms of Service – Driver
LAST UPDATED DATE: June 27, 2019
These terms of services are made up of a legally binding agreement (the “Agreement”) between you (“you”, “your,” “Driver,” “User,” or “TRYP Rides Community Member”) and TRYP Technologies, Inc. (“TRYP,” “TRYP Rides,” “we,” “us,” or “our”), a Wyoming corporation, dictating your usage of the TRYP Rides Application, website, and technology platform (collectively, the “TRYP Rides Platform,” or “Platform,” or “Services”).
PLEASE CAREFULLY REVIEW THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT BEFORE AGREEING TO IT, AND BEFORE USING THE TRYP RIDES PLATFORM. THIS IS A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT AND BY USING THE TRYP RIDES PLATFORM, YOU ARE AGREEING TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
TRYP Rides Platform offers a means for drivers (“Drivers”) and riders (“Riders”) to connect and communicate in order to facilitate on-demand transportation services. Drivers and Riders may be collectively and/or separately be referred to as “Users” throughout this document. Users are required to create a User account that allows them to utilize TRYP Ride’s Platform. The transportation services that occur within the TRYP Rides Platform may be referred to as “Services” throughout this Agreement.
These Terms provide that all disputes between you and TRYP Rides will be resolved by BINDING ARBITRATION. ACCORDINGLY, YOU AGREE TO GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO GO TO COURT (INCLUDING IN A CLASS ACTION) to assert or defend your rights under these Terms (except for matters that may be taken to Small Claims Court). Your rights will be determined by a NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR and NOT a judge or jury and your claims cannot be brought as a class action. Please review the Section below titled Dispute Resolution; Arbitration Agreement for the details regarding your agreement to arbitrate any disputes with TRYP Rides.
TRYP Rides allows Drivers and Riders to connect, provided you comply with all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement. In addition to the remainder of the terms outlined in this Agreement, you agree:
- that you are 21 or over;
- that TRYP Rides is not a transportation provider;
- you are in possession of a valid driver’s license and are both authorized legally and medically fit to operate a motor vehicle within your area of operation;
- you have a valid and up-to-date insurance policy that includes liability insurance and conforms with the requirements of this Agreement;
- TRYP Rides’ liability may be limited;
- the Platform is provided as is;
- that you are responsible for obeying all laws, rules, and regulations while acting as a Driver and during the Term of this Agreement;
- your account is personal to you, and you will not share your account with anyone else, or allow anyone else to step into your role as the Drive on this account; and
- that you will advise TRYP Rides of any issues immediately.
The foregoing recitals form a part of the Agreement, and you and TRYP Rides agree to this Agreement in consideration of your compliance with the terms of this Agreement and in exchange for TRYP Rides license of the TRYP Rides Platform to you.
TRYP Rides IS A FACILITATOR OF TRANSPORTATION SERVICES BETWEEN A DRIVER AND RIDER. WE ARE NOT A TRANSPORTATION SERVICE PROVIDER. WE ARE NOT A TRANSPORTATION CARRIER. EACH DRIVER DECIDES WHETHER THEY WANT TO ACCEPT A RIDE REQUEST ONCE THEY HAVE BEEN PLACED IN COMMUNICATION WITH A TRYP Rides RIDER VIA OUR PLATFORM. EACH RIDER DECIDES WHETHER THEY WANT TO ACCEPT TRANSPORTATION FROM A DRIVER ONCE COMMUNICATION HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED BETWEEN THEM VIA OUR PLATFORM. IT IS UP TO THE USER TO DECIDE TO ACCEPT OR OFFER ANY SERVICES INVOLVING THE TRYP Rides PLATFORM. EVERY RIDE OFFERED OR ACCEPTED BY EITHER USER PARTY SHALL BE DEEMED A SEPARATE AGREEMENT BETWEEN THESE TWO OR MORE USERS.
The creation and registration of any User account with the TRYP Rides Platform automatically dictates that you have read and understood all of the terms and conditions within this Agreement. NO USER SHALL BE ALLOWED TO ACCESS THE PLATFORM IF THEY DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
Modification and Amendments
TRYP Rides can and will modify the terms and conditions of this Agreement at our sole discretion. Any additions or alterations to this Agreement will be made effective upon posting and notification of said posting to our Users. The “Last Updated Date” at the top of this Agreement may be the sole way in which we notify our Users of any updates to this Agreement. Your consent to this Agreement is automatically acknowledged by your continued use of our Platform after the Agreement has been modified and such date has been changed. Any updates or changes that are deemed disagreeable to you as a User will render your usage or access of the Platform unacceptable.
Only individuals who are legally allowed to form binding contracts under applicable law may use or access the TRYP Rides Platform. TRYP Rides is not made available or promoted to children (individuals less than 21 years of age). Users who have had their account deactivated for any reason shall not have access to the TRYP Rides Platform, either temporarily or permanently. By registering as a TRYP Rides User, you are legally acknowledging and declaring that you are at least 21 years of age. You are also acknowledging and declaring that you have a legal right and authority to agree and abide by the terms and conditions listed in this Agreement. Riders that are within the ages of 13 to 18 years of age (which may be referred to as “Child” throughout this Agreement) may link their account with a parent or guardian account (an individual at least 21 years of age) who has the right and authority to legally agree to these terms and conditions on behalf of the former individual (“Child”) in order to request services via the TRYP Rides Platform. No one under the Age of 13 may request services via the TRYP Rides Platform or otherwise use the TRYP Rides Platform.
Payments and Refunds
TRYP Rides will assist you in establishing your own merchant account that will process all payments due to you. As a Driver, you will receive 100% of the Base Fare as determined by the current Compensation Plan and any tips provided by Riders to you for the Services you provide. You acknowledge and agree that such amounts shall not include any interest and will be net of any amounts that we are required to withhold by law. TRYP Rides works hard to ensure that legitimate Riders are matched with legitimate Drivers. Fraud and abuse do take place by both Drivers and Riders and TRYP Rides will attempt to investigate any claim of fraud or abuse. Although TRYP Rides takes steps, such as pre-authorization and pre-checking the validity of a Rider’s credit card, there is no guarantee that a Rider’s payment will be successfully made and therefore you, not TRYP Rides, bear the risk of not receiving the payment. Where a Driver has given a successful ride to a Rider, but the Rider’s payment is not made for some reason, TRYP Rides will immediately investigate. If TRYP Rides determines that its assessment and screening were insufficient to protect the Driver, then TRYP Rides will cover the payment to the Driver. Likewise, if a Rider makes a payment to a Driver, but the Rider did not receive the Services as intended, TRYP Rides will investigate and has the discretion to refund the fare, or credit the account of Riders, for a ride. If we refund the fare, or credit a Rider account, for a ride you provided, you will not be paid for the portion of the ride that was refunded or credited. If you have already received payment for a refunded/credited ride, TRYP Rides has the right to seek immediate repayment from you. TRYP Rides third-party payment processor maintains statistics on chargebacks. Should the Driver exceed reasonable or acceptable chargeback ratios, your merchant account could be suspended or terminated by the merchant account processor.
In exchange for permitting you to offer your Services through the TRYP Rides Platform and marketplace as a Driver, you agree to pay TRYP Rides (and permit TRYP Rides to retain) a fee based on each transaction in which you provide Services (the “Booking Fee”). The amount of the applicable Booking Fee will be communicated to you in a Booking Fee schedule. TRYP Rides reserves the right to change the Booking Fee at any time at TRYP Rides discretion based upon local market factors. Changing the Booking Fee in the Booking Fee schedule will constitute notice in the event of such change. Continued use of the TRYP Rides Platform after any such change in the Booking Fee calculation shall constitute your consent to such change.
Certain trips and fare destination or pickup require the payment of fees and/or tolls (i.e. airport fees). To the extent that these fees/tolls are paid by the Rider, the Driver acknowledges that these receipts will be retained by TRYP Rides for payment to the appropriate legal authority.
Application and Subscription Fees
During the enrollment process you have chosen a Driver payment plan, as outlined below. Tryp Rides reserves the right to change and/or amend the Driver plans without notice, at its sole discretion.
You understand and agree that the initial payment is a non-refundable application/setup fee that includes a background check and other items used to determine your eligibility to be a Driver using the Tryp Rides platform. After acceptance by Tryp Rides, which is not guaranteed, you will be paying a monthly subscription fee in accordance with the Driver plan you choose, for the right to use the Tryp Rides platform.
Your acceptance of this Agreement authorizes Tryp Rides to take payment from the method you have chosen for all Application and renewable monthly Subscription Fees. Subscription fees are monthly and automatic. Should you wish to terminate your usage of the Tryp Rides platform please do so in accordance with the Term and Termination section of this Agreement.
Tryp Rides has several Driver Subscription Plans.
- A One Time $249.99 Application/Setup Fee as described above;
- Recurring Monthly Fee of $79.99 starting 30 days after you begin driving;
- Up to 60 rides per month;
- Driver receives 100% of Fares (miles, minutes, wait time);
- Driver is set up with their own Merchant Account.
- A One Time $249.99 Application/Setup Fee as described above;
- Recurring Monthly Fee of $139.99 starting 30 days after you begin driving;
- Up to 120 rides per month;
- Driver receives 100% of Fares (miles, minutes, wait time);
- Driver is set up with their own Merchant Account.
- A One Time $249.99 Application/Setup Fee as described above;
- Recurring Monthly Fee of $199.99 starting 30 days after you begin driving;
- Unlimited rides per month;
- Driver receives 100% of Fares (miles, minutes, wait time);
- Driver is set up with their own Merchant Account;
- Eligible for Special Bonus Programs (when applicable);
- Refer 3 active drivers in a month and that month’s subscription fee is waived.
Contact and Communications
By registering as a TRYP Rides User you automatically agree to the acceptance and reception of communications from us via email, SMS, phone calls, and push notifications from within the mobile device that you access the TRYP Rides platform. The consent to this communication from TRYP Rides means you accept that you may be sent automated or pre-recorded content from TRYP Rides, our Drivers, and/or our third-party partners which shall include, but is not limited to, messages regarding your account, updates or information involving our Platform or Services, promotional or marketing content managed by us or our partners, and any relevant news or developments surrounding TRYP Rides or our relevant industries.
SMS disclosures: You will receive a one-time PIN to verify your mobile number on Tryp Rides. Message frequency may vary. Standard message and data rates may apply. Reply HELP for help. Reply STOP to cancel. T-Mobile® is not liable for delayed or undeliverable messages. Supported carriers include, but are not limited to : AT&T Boost MetroPCS Sprint T-Mobile® U.S. Cellular® Verizon Wireless Virgin Mobile USA.
YOU MAY OPT-OUT OF RECEIVING COMMUNICATIONS BY COMPLETING THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS. Standard SMS messaging and/or data utilization fees shall apply to your communications with TRYP Rides and are your responsibility. You are not required to consent to the receipt of any promotional content or communication. Text the word STOP from the mobile device receiving the messages in order to opt-out of any promotional or marketing communications via text or phone call. Text the word STOPALL from the mobile device receiving the messages in order to opt-out of receiving all text messages or calls from TRYP Rides entirely. It shall be noted that opting out of receiving all texts may impact your ability to effectively and efficiently utilize the TRYP Rides Platform.
As a TRYP Rides User, you accept full responsibility for the publication, promotion, and/or sharing of your Information or interactions between us and other users of our Platform. Any Information that you provide that may be required by law or by TRYP Rides to ensure proper utilization and functioning of our Platform shall be automatically deemed accurate, current, and complete by you as a TRYP Rides User. You accept that you are the only individual in control of the publication or sharing of your Information. TRYP Rides shall retain the right to utilize your Information in a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable manner. This grants us the right and license to copyright, publicize, and create databases based on this Information that you provide. We shall also retain the right to use, copy, perform, display, and distribute this Information in all current and future possible capacities. We do not claim any ownership of your Information. You retain any and all rights related to your Information within the bounds of the rights granted to us in this Agreement.
You, and you alone, are the only individual with the authorization to utilize or access your TRYP Rides account. We do not accept any responsibility regarding the maintenance and retention of your confidentiality of your password and/or username for your TRYP Rides account and/or Platform. Any activities that occur within your User account shall fall under your responsibility. Any unauthorized utilization of your User account shall not be in any way the fault of TRYP Rides. You agree to notify us immediately upon recognizing the unauthorized or suspicious activity or utilization regarding your User account.
By using the TRYP Rides Platform and participating in the Services, you agree to never perform the following acts:
- Harassment of any person via stalking, threatening, or otherwise illegal or intolerable act;
- Violation of any laws, statutes, ordination or regulations laid out by the governing or regulatory body in which you access the TRYP Rides Platform;
- Posting of any information or interactions on or in conjunction with the TRYP Rides Platform or Services in a manner which may be deemed false, inaccurate, misleading (by direct means, omission, or failure to update), defamatory, libelous, abusive, obscene, profane, offensive, sexually oriented, threatening, harassing, or illegal;
- Infringing on any third party’s rights by use of the Platform in any way that may include but is not limited to: intellectual property rights, copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets, and/or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- The transmission, publication, and/or posting of any malicious content, including but not limited to code, files or programs that are designed in any way to corrupt, interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware, as well as any telecommunications equipment. The interception or expropriation of any system, data, and/or personal information is also included in this decree;
- Usage of any part of the TRYP Rides Platform in a circumstance which could be deemed as “framing” or “mirroring” without prior written authorization, as well as the usage of meta tags or code or other devices that may contain any reference to us in an attempt to direct any individual or party to another website for any reason whatsoever; or
- Attempting to modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile, or otherwise disassemble any portion or segment of the TRYP Rides Platform or any affiliated software that may be used on or in conjunction with the TRYP Rides Platform;
- Sublicensing, licensing, redistribution, selling, lending, renting, and/or leasing of access to the TRYP Rides Platform, any element of the TRYP Rides Platform, and/or the TRYP Rides Platform as a whole;
- Causing us to become subject to regulation or creating liability for us regarding the usage of TRYP Rides as a transportation carrier or provider of a taxi service;
- Creating links directly, or indirectly, to any external content or websites;
- Transferring or selling any information regarding your User account, which may include but is not limited to your password;
- Causing the engagement of any third party with respect to any of the restricted activities that have been listed above. You shall agree to contact us immediately and directly at [email protected] as soon as you experience or notice any violation or attempted violation of these Restricted Activities. You also agree to provide any and all information regarding these circumstances;
- Involvement in the impersonation of any person or entity;
- Interference or disruption of servers or networks that may connect the TRYP Rides Platform, as well as the general Services provided from within the TRYP Rides Platform;
- Forging or manipulating of any headers or identifiers in an attempt to disguise the origin of any information that may be transmitted through the Platform;
- Using any spiders, robots, site search/retrieval applications, and/or other manual or automatic devices or process in an effort to retrieve, index, scrape, “data mine”, or create or circumvent or attempt to reproduce any of the navigational interface or presentation of the contents within the TRYP Rides Platform or the TRYP Rides Platform as a whole;
We have no obligation to suspend or deactivate any User not in compliance with this Agreement. However, we reserve the right to do so at our sole discretion.
Driver Representations and Warranties
As a Driver providing Services on the TRYP Rides Platform, you consent to and represent the following:
- You either are in ownership of or have a legal right to operate the vehicle you will be providing Services with. This vehicle shall be deemed in good operating condition, meeting industry safety standards, and all applicable statutory and state department of motor vehicle requirements shall be met for your vehicle;
- The only vehicle for which you will be offering and providing Services with shall be the vehicle that you have reported to TRYP Rides and for which you have supplied a photograph. You will under no circumstances transport more passengers than are legally allowed and that can be safely and securely seated in your vehicle. And in no circumstance shall you transport more than six (6) passengers, regardless of your vehicle size;
- Any and all liability that results from or is alleged as a result of your offering and provision of Services is your responsibility. This includes but is not limited to personal injuries, death, and property damages (however, this provision shall not limit the scope of TRYP Rides insurance policies which are detailed on the “Policies: Insurance Policy Disclosure” pages);
- You accept and acknowledge the sole responsibility for compliance with any applicable statutory or department of motor vehicle requirements in the event of any motor vehicle accident or related incident. This includes that you report the accident or incident to TRYP Rides and your insurer in a timely manner, as well as any other potentially necessary contacts corresponding to your insurance carrier;
- You agree to comply with any and all applicable regulations, rules, and laws while offering and providing Services. Any and all violations regarding your use of the Platform as a provider of said Services shall be your sole responsibility;
- You will not engage in any activity that is in any way or manner inconsistent with your consent to and obligations spelled out under this Agreement. This includes any misrepresentations involving TRYP Rides, the Platform, the Services or your status as Driver. You will not operate as a public carrier or taxi service, accept street hails, and/or charge for rides (in any way that is not expressly laid out in the terms and conditions within this Agreement) while operating as a Driver or Service provider using the TRYP Rides Platform;
- You will not attempt to perform any fraudulent actions toward TRYP Rides, Riders, or other users in connection with your usage of the Platform in any way whatsoever. We reserve the right to withhold any fees or other payments for any rides or Services in question pending an investigation if any fraudulent activity has been detected;
- You will not participate in or condone the discrimination or harassment of any individuals or parties on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, or sexual orientation. You agree to provide accommodations for persons with disabilities and service animals to the best of your abilities;
- You agree that TRYP Rides may obtain information about you and your usage of the platform which includes but is not limited to your criminal and driving records, as well as your credit score and worthiness. You agree to provide authorization to enable our access to the records stated above, as well as any additional records deemed appropriate during the terms of this Agreement;
- You are in possession of a valid driver’s license and are both authorized legally and medically fit to operate a motor vehicle within your area of operation. You are also in possession of all applicable and appropriate licenses, approvals and authority to provide Services to Riders within all jurisdictions in which you will be operating within the TRYP Rides Platform;
- You have a valid and up-to-date insurance policy that includes liability insurance which shall include coverage amounts that are consistent with all applicable legal requirements that deems you suitable for the operation of your vehicle with regards to the Services that you may provide;
- Any payments received by you and the provision of your Services will be subjected to any applicable federal, state, and local taxes. You agree outright to be responsible for the payment of these taxes and/or additional fees;
- You will not use any mobile phone, text messaging device, hands free device, or other device that would or could impede your safe use of the Platform;
- You will not aid or assist any third party to breach the terms of this Agreement, circumvent the terms of this Agreement, or use or access the Platform contrary to the terms of this Agreement;
- You will not use or operate the Platform while you are impaired, including under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or other mind-altering substances.
Riders and Drivers that operate within the TRYP Rides Platform can rate and review the quality of their experience and the overall service provided by the corresponding User. TRYP Rides reserves the right to use this rating system whenever appropriate. This rating system will not be used for any disciplinary measures or as a way to supervise Service providers.
Developing Relationships with Riders
TRYP Rides is a service for connecting Drivers with Riders. We do not disavow or prohibit any relationships that are created between Users. We are not responsible for the sharing of personal information, or any arrangements made that are outside of the paradigm of the TRYP Rides Platform as listed in this Agreement and corresponding agreements. There will be no consequences for Users who develop personal or business relationships with each other that go beyond the scope of the TRYP Rides Platform and the Services provided within. Solicitation and booking of future rides, or the building of clientele, within the TRYP Rides Platform is permitted.
Displays of TRYP Rides trade-dress is not required by Drivers unless required by applicable laws or regulations which shall be understood by the Driver before provision of their Services.
TRYP Rides does not supervise. We provide software, tools and applications that enable Riders and Drivers to connect with each other. The acceptance of ride requests and satisfactory completion of rides is the sole responsibility of the Driver.
No Adverse Consequences for Turning Down Ride Requests
It is our desire and hope that Drivers accept ride requests as promptly as possible in order to ensure that all Users enjoy the best possible experience. Despite these wishes, Drivers reserve the right to reject any and all ride requests for any reason. Rejecting ride requests, by itself, does not result in deactivation of your account. There is no obligation from the Driver to accept any ride. We will not deactivate, ban, or adversely affect any Driver for the rejection of rides unless they are done so in a manner that conflicts with the terms and conditions laid out in this Agreement.
These disclaimers are made on behalf of the affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders and suppliers of TRYP Rides. There are no warranties or conditions (express, implied, or statutory) that are made within the TRYP Rides Platform and said Platform is offered on an “as is” basis. Additionally, there are no guarantees or promises made that are specific to the results of the use of our Platform and/or the Services within it. Any warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a specific purpose, and/or non-infringement implications are officially disclaimed by TRYP Rides. It is possible that you live in a state which does not allow TRYP Rides to disclaim any implied warranties. In this case, the following disclaimer may not apply to you. The warranty detailed here provides for specific legal rights, these rights may be in addition to the rights provided by your jurisdiction of operation. The following implications or promises are not warranted during your use of the TRYP Rides Platform: Accurate, complete, reliable, current, secure, uninterrupted, always available, and/or error free usage. Any defects in the TRYP Rides platform being discovered and/or corrected or the implicated of virus-free and non-harmful component usage are also not warranted by TRYP Rides. Any connectivity and availability of the TRYP Rides Platform or Services is not warranted, and we are not liable for any lack of connection or availability. The quality or safety of the transportation that is provided via the Services within the TRYP Rides platform does not fall under our control. We do not guarantee that Services will be completed using the TRYP Rides Platform, whether or not they were initiated or promised by the Rider or Driver. Users can lie about their identity and we cannot guarantee that any individual is who they claim to be. The use of common sense is encouraged. Make sure that profile pictures align with the User’s appearance in person. If either User suspects fraudulent activity or falsification of identity, please contact TRYP Rides at [email protected]. We are not liable or responsible for any Users and any content, communication, or usage by said Users who may be falsifying information about their age. Direct communication with the User that you are arranged to connect with is encouraged in order to ensure that none of the above activities are taking place. Any online or offline actions performed by TRYP Rides Users is in no way the responsibility of TRYP Rides. All of your interactions and communications with other Users are your responsibility. The whereabouts and possession of personal belongings are the sole responsibility of the Users that claim ownership over them. We do not provide or procure insurance for left or lost belongings. Using the TRYP Rides Platform and taking part in the Services means that you agree TRYP Rides is not responsible for any of the described actions or lack thereof, and that you automatically consent to these risks. Any information that you provide to us, via our Platform, or during Services to other Users, is your responsibility and it is possible that said information will be used to harm or harass you. We shall not be held liable for any harmful actions taken with your personal information. We encourage you to be careful about what information you decide to provide to us or via the TRYP Rides Platform or during Services. Any actions taken with respect to this information does not fall under our responsibility, regardless of whether the User at fault is officially authorized or is a malicious entity. All opinions, offers, statements, advice, and/or other information that is published, posted, provided, and/or shared through the TRYP Rides Platform (except what is provided directly by us) are the responsibility of the individuals who created and distributed them, and we cannot guarantee the legitimacy of said information. Any harm or loss that is incurred as a result of the following of this information is your responsibility and not ours.
The TRYP Rides Platform contains, or you may be sent via the TRYP Rides Platform, links to other websites owned and operated by third parties (“Third Party Sites”), as well as articles, photographs, text, graphics, pictures, designs, music, sound, video, information, applications, software and other content or items belonging to or originating from third parties (“Third Party Content”). All materials that are posted in the TRYP Rides Platform may be monitored by us and removed at any time for any reason that we see fit, however, we are in no way obligated to do so and are not liable for any harm that is caused by those materials. Within the TRYP Rides Platform, there are links and content that is created, owned and operated by third parties, which includes text, graphics, pictures, music, videos, software, and more. We are not responsible for investigating or monitoring any of this content for its accuracy, appropriateness, or legitimacy. In any situation where precise location information may be required, or where inaccurate information may lead to harm, death, property, or environmental damage, the location data provided by TRYP Rides Platform should not be relied upon and we are in no way responsible or liable for anything that occurs to Users who disregard this statement. Our location data is only intended for basic location purposes. Any date, time, or location information cannot be guaranteed in any way by TRYP Rides or our content providers. All location data that you share with TRYP Rides, either manually or automatically, will be made accessible to TRYP Rides and specific Users of the Platform.
State and Local Disclosures
Additional disclosures to you may be required depending on the jurisdiction in which you use the Platform. We will be updating the disclosures page whenever necessary and it is your responsibility as a User to check back to understand these updates.
You shall indemnify and hold TRYP Rides, the Releases, as defined below, each of their affiliates, and any of their parent company, sister company, subsidiary, related company or affiliate thereof, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders, suppliers, and affiliates harmless from and against any and all demands, claims, actions, causes of action, liabilities, suits, proceedings, investigations or inquiries, or any damages, judgments, awards, or settlement thereto, and all related out-of-pocket expenses, including, but not limited, to all reasonable outside attorneys’ fees and court costs, arising from or related to or arising from your breach of this Agreement and/or your use of the Platform.
This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Your violation of any rights of users, or laws laid out by a governing jurisdiction, county, state, federal government, or other applicable agency including but not limited to terms laid out by third parties;
- Your ownership, use or operation of a motor vehicle or passenger vehicle, including your provision of Services as a Driver; and/or
- Any other activities that take place within the usage of the Platform or the Services. Any negligence of any party does not render this indemnity inapplicable;
- Your breach of the terms and conditions within this Agreement as well as any corresponding agreements;
- Your submission or transmission (or any allegation regarding such) of materials that may violate or infringe upon the copyright, trademark, trade secret, or intellectual property or any other similar rights of a third party; and/or
- Your vehicle ownership and operation which includes your provision of Services on the Platform.
TRYP Rides , OUR AFFILIATES, AND/OR OUR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SHAREHOLDERS, OR SUPPLIERS, ARE IN NO WAY OR IN ANY EVENT LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY TYPE OF DAMAGES THAT MAY ARISE OUT OF OR FALL WITHIN THE UMBRELLA OF THE PLATFORM, THE SERVICES, OR ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT USAGE OF EITHER. THESE DAMAGES, WHETHER INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INDIRECT SHALL INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO ANY INFORMATION OR CONTENT MAINTAINED OR TRANSMITTED BY THE TRYP Rides PLATFORM, ANY SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS, THE COST OF PROCURING A SUBSTITUTION TO OUR SERVICES, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF PROGRAMS, DELETION, CORRUPTION, OR FAILURE TO STORE INFORMATION THAT MAY IN ANY WAY BE RELATED TO THE USE OF THE PLATFORM, THE SERVICES, AND THE AGREEMENT. THE SCOPE OF TRYP Rides INSURANCE POLICIES SHALL NOT BE LIMITED BY ANY OF THESE DAMAGES OR ANY SUPPOSED NEGLIGENCE OF THESE DAMAGES. ANY DAMAGES OF THE SAME TYPE(S) LISTED ABOVE THAT INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO PHYSICAL DAMAGES, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS OR DISCOMFORT, OR BODILY INJURY THAT ARE IN ANY WAY CONNECTED TO THE USAGE OF THIS PLATFORM, THE SERVICES, OR YOUR COMMUNICATION OR CONNECTION WITH USERS SHALL ALSO REMAIN OUTSIDE OF THE SCOPE OF OUR LIABILITY, REGARDLESS OF OUR KNOWLEDGE OF SAID DAMAGES PRIOR TO, DURING, OR AFTER THEIR SUPPOSED OCCURRENCE(S). DEPENDING ON THE JURISDICTION IN WHICH YOU OPERATE OR USE THE PLATFORM OR SERVICES, THE LIMITATION AND EXCLUSION OF SAID DAMAGES MAY NOT BE ALLOWED. YOU MAY RETAIN ADDITIONAL RIGHTS IF THE LAWS WITHIN THESE SPECIAL JURISDICTIONS APPLY TO YOU.
In consideration for your use of the Platform, you hereby remise, release and forever discharge and agree to hold harmless TRYP Rides and its affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, representatives, shareholders and assigns (collectively, the “Releases”), from and against any and all rights, claims, demands, liability, losses, damages (including, but not limited to, personal injuries, death or property damage), and actions whatsoever, in law or in equity that you or your heirs, executors or assigns may have, arising in any way from your use of the Platform, except to the extent that exclusion or limitation of such liability is prohibited by law, and you hereby further hold the Releases harmless from any taxes or subsequent costs imposed on you as a result of your use of the Platform.
You understand that use of the Platform may involve risks, including letting strangers into your car, and that there are certain inherent risks associated with the use of the Platform that cannot be eliminated regardless of the care taken to avoid these risks. The specific risks range from (1) minor injuries such as scratches, bruises, and sprains to (2) theft or losses, to (3) catastrophic injuries including paralysis and death.
You have read the previous paragraph and you know, understand, and appreciate these and other risks that are inherent in using the Platform. You hereby assert that your participation is voluntary and that you knowingly assume all such risks.
You further agree that if, despite this release, waiver of liability and assumption of risk, you or someone on your behalf makes a claim against any of the Releases, you will indemnify and hold harmless each of the Releases from any loss, liability or expense which may be incurred as a result of such claim.
You certify that your physical and mental health is sufficiently sound to allow you to safely be a Driver and that you have no medical condition or physical limitation that will interfere with your safe use of the Platform. Further, you certify that you are not under the influence of any medication, drugs, or other substance that might impair your physical or mental ability to drive, or that might impair your judgment while driving.
You agree that you will not assert or maintain against Releases any claim, action, suit or demand of any kind or nature whatsoever, including those grounded upon invasion of privacy, rights of publicity or other civil rights, and you hereby release the Releases and each of them, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, demands, actions, causes of action(s), costs and expenses whatsoever, at law or in equity, known or unknown, anticipated or unanticipated, which you ever had, now have, or may, shall or hereafter have by any reason, matter, cause or thing arising out of this Agreement or the Platform.
The Nevada Civil Code Section 1542 (or analogous laws of other states), which says: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which, if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor,” shall be understood by you and by using the TRYP Rides platform you are waiving any rights that you may have under this or any other relevant civil code. TRYP Rides may monitor disputes involving the above scenarios, however, we have no obligation to do so.
Further, you hereby acknowledge that you have reviewed and been advised by legal counsel, and are familiar with and fully understand the provisions of California Civil Code Section 1542 which provides as follows: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” Having been so advised, you nevertheless elect to and do so assume all risks, known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, heretofore arising from this Agreement, the Services, or the Platform, and specifically waives any rights it may have under Section 1542, as well as under any other statute or common-law principle in any jurisdiction with a similar effect.
You have read this Agreement and understand that you are giving up substantial rights by signing it and have signed it freely and without any inducement or assurance of any nature. Accordingly, you intend it to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law. You agree that, if any portion of this Agreement is held to be invalid, the balance of the Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
Your use of the Platform is as-is, and at your own risk. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, TRYP Rides , ON BEHALF OF ITSELF AND THE RELEASEES, DISCLAIM ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSES, IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES, INCLUDING YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM.
TRYP Rides DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE PLATFORM, AND SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS, WILL BE IN GOOD CONDITION, IN WORKING CONDITION, OR OTHERWISE USABLE. FURTHER, TRYP Rides DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE PLATFORM, AND SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS, WILL BE ERROR FREE, WITHOUT DELAY OR INTERRUPTION, OR WITHOUT DELAY.
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF TRYP EXCEED $1,000.00. IN NO EVENT SHALL TRYP Rides BE LIABLE TO ANYONE FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY DAMAGES TO YOU OR YOUR PROPERTY FOR ANY CLAIM, HARM, DAMAGE, OR LOSS, ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE ACCESSING OR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE PLATFORM ASSOCIATED THEREWITH, REGARDLESS OF CAUSE, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT OR NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, EVEN IF THE PARTY FROM WHICH DAMAGES ARE BEING SOUGHT OR THE THIRD PARTY PROVIDER HAVE BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION SHALL NOT APPLY IN THE EVENT OF YOUR BREACH OR RELATED TO YOUR INDEMNITY OBLIGATIONS. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW FOR LIMITED LIABILITY OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES; AND, IF ANY OF THOSE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, THEN SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MIGHT NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
You are solely and fully responsible for the safe and lawful operation of the Platform at all times. You acknowledge and agree that the Platform may malfunction, whether as a result of your fault or otherwise. Driving strangers, and driving in general, involve risks, some of which are apparent and some of which are not obvious.
THERE ARE RISKS, HAZARDS, DANGERS, AND THE POTENTIAL FOR HARM IN CONNECTION WITH DRIVING THROUGH THE PLATFORM. YOU USE THE PLATFORM AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR USING THE PLATFORM, AND YOU AGREE THAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR DETERMINING HOW TO COMPLY WITH SAFETY LAWS. YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM MAY LEAD TO DAMAGE OR HARM NOT ONLY TO YOU, BUT ALSO TO OTHER PEOPLE OR PROPERTY. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY HARM OR DAMAGE INCURRED IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM. BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT AND USING THE PLATFORM, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AND ALL RISKS, DAMAGE, DANGER, AND HAZARDS, WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, EXPECTED OR UNEXPECTED, RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM.
You may not use the TRYP Rides trademark other than those uses which would reasonably be considered fair use, in connection with the TRYP Rides Platform. You may not otherwise use the TRYP Rides trademark, or any other trademarks owned by TRYP Rides, to market or promote the TRYP Rides Platform without TRYP Rides prior written approval.
The Platform is TRYP Rides property. The source code, visual interfaces, graphics, designs, information, compilations, data, computer code, products, software, services, manuals, and all other elements of the Platform are protected by intellectual property and other laws. Unless given the express consent by the Platform, you are not permitted to make use of any of the Platform’s protected materials. Further, elements of the Platform are protected by copyright, trademark, trade dress and other laws and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part.
You are granted only a limited license to use the Platform, and you acknowledge that your use is under license from TRYP Rides.
You will not reverse engineer, modify, or otherwise alter the Platform or any element thereof.
Term and Termination
Immediately upon creating a User account and registering with TRYP Rides, you (the creator of said account) consent to the understanding and following of the terms and conditions within this agreement, including any amendments or adjustments made. All Users retain the rights to discontinue their use of the Platform and their participation in the Services. We reserve the right to revoke, suspend, and deactivate any User account at any time if the terms and conditions laid out in this Agreement or any other corresponding documents have been deemed to be violated based on our sole discretion. Written notice is required for sudden termination of this Agreement by either party. Any termination by user must be done in writing by giving TRYP Rides ten (10) days notice prior to such termination. In any event written notice must precede the subscriber renewal date to be effective for such date. All provisions capable of surviving shall survive termination or expiration of this Agreement.
Any usage of proprietary and/or other information of any kind that is related to TRYP Rides, the Platform, and the Services, including the business and operations and properties, as well as the User information that may be provided to you by TRYP Rides, for any personal use or use that is beyond the scope of this Agreement shall be deemed unlawful and will not be permitted. You are not permitted to share or assist in the sharing of any information extracted from TRYP Rides, the Platform, or the Services with any third parties. You consent that the protection of the security and avoided disclosure of said information falls under your responsibility and that you will take reasonable measures to ensure said information does not enter the public domain in any way. If you can prove that any of the following circumstances regarding the information as described above are true, then you shall not have liability to TRYP Rides for the release or dissemination of said information: This information was already existing in the public domain or that you were not at fault for it entering the public domain; this information was already unrestricted to you at the time of disclosure (proven by files that existed at that time); this information was disclosed to you without restriction from a third party that has in some way not breached the terms and conditions within this Agreement; this information was legally required to be disclosed (provided that you can prove the court order or legal requirement for this information release within a prompt notice to TRYP Rides ); or this information has been approved to be disclosed to you via a written document produced by TRYP Rides .
Relationship with TRYP Rides
The relationship between Drivers using the TRYP Rides Platform and TRYP Rides is one entirely consisting of independent contracting parties. As a Driver, you understand and consent to this form of direct business relationship. You as a Driver, and TRYP Rides as the Platform provider, both agree to the following relationship arrangements:
- There is no franchisor-franchisee, partnership, joint venture, or agency relationship that is either created or implied by the terms and conditions laid out in this Agreement;
- This is NOT an employment agreement, you are not considered a TRYP Rides employee, and there is no employment relationship between you and TRYP Rides. You agree not to represent yourself as or take action in the form of an employee, authorized representative, or agent of TRYP Rides and subsequently you have no authority to bind TRYP Rides in this manner in any way.
- TRYP Rides is not in control of you or your performance. We have no obligation to direct or control you or your performance. This includes but is not limited to your provision of Services, your operation or maintenance of your vehicle, and/or your other various actions or lack thereof. You retain the right and are in complete control of the time, location, and duration of your usage of the Platform or provision of the Services. You hereby understand and consent to your sole discretion over your engagement in other types of business or other forms of employment activities and your provision of Services.
Users of the TRYP Rides Platform hereby understand and consent that TRYP Rides retains the right to both monitor and record any and all communications between Users, either done through the TRYP Rides platform or in conjunction with the TRYP Rides Platform in any way and that TRYP Rides shall solely use this information for quality assurance, mediation, and/or other legal reasons. It is entirely within your control to decide whether or not to accept or decline or ignore any User requests including a Rider’s request for Services. You may also cancel any accepted requests for these Services (so long as you do so in accordance with our relevant cancellation policies at the time). You are not required to display any TRYP Rides names, logos, or colors on your vehicle or to wear any clothing or uniform displaying such content. The only exceptions to the previous statement are in scenarios in which you are required to display certain signage for legal reasons.
All notices in relation to this Agreement or any other corresponding agreements shall be delivered to TRYP Rides via certified mail with prepaid postage and a return receipt (unless stated otherwise within this Agreement) to the following address:
TRYP Technologies, Inc.
10161 Park Run Drive, Suite 150
Las Vegas, Nevada, 89145
Any notice will be marked as given with a date that is five (5) days following the date of initial mailing of the notice. We will provide you with any relevant notices via the TRYP Rides Platform, text, email, or mobile phone calls based on the contact information that you provided to us during your registration. These notices shall be marked as given immediately upon sending. In certain cases in which we will send you certified mail with the same standards as described above, the notices will be marked as given five (5) days after the initial mailing of said notices.
Any complaints regarding the TRYP Rides Platform shall be resolved by contacting our Customer Service Department through our support center at [email protected].
Choice of Law / Choice of Venue / Forum Selection
The laws of the State of Nevada (excluding the regard to choice of law principles) shall govern this Agreement. Only the federal or state courts in Clark County, Nevada, shall be the proper locations for the resolution of any litigation (assuming a lack of arbitration).
Consenting to this Agreement means that you agree to your requirement to resolve any claims made against TRYP Rides individually and via the terms and conditions laid out in the following Arbitration Agreement. Any class, collective, or representative actions taken against TRYP Rides will hereby be unwarranted. Further you will not participate in any current or future class, collective, consolidated, or representative action brought against TRYP Rides by a third-party.
Agreement to Binding Arbitration Between You and TRYP Rides
Any and all claims, controversies, and/or disputes that are in any way connected to the terms and conditions laid out in this Agreement as well as any connecting agreements and/or your use of the Platform shall be resolved via arbitration between you and TRYP Rides. You may not pursue action against TRYP Rides surrounding any of the above issues in a court of law.
You hereby understand and consent to the fact that you and TRYP Rides shall waive the right to a trial by jury or to participate in any representative or class action proceedings (either as a plaintiff or class member). All arbitration shall take place on an individual basis unless expressly agreed upon in writing by both you and TRYP Rides. Small claims court remains a valid venue in which either you or TRYP Rides may retain the right to bring individual action. The same rights are retained for the seeking of injunctive or other equitable relief in a court of competent jurisdiction regarding any issues involving intellectual property rights as laid out in the terms and conditions of this Agreement and all corresponding agreements.
Governing Law and Arbitration Rules
The American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) is the organization which shall administer all arbitration between you and TRYP Rides. This arbitration shall be performed according to the Consumer Arbitration Rules and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (“AAA Rules”) as laid out by the AAA, excluding those which have been explicitly modified by this Arbitration Agreement. You can find a listing of all AAA Rules at www.adr.org/arb_med.
Both parties hereby agree that the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. § 1 et seq. (“FAA”), will govern the interpretation and enforcement and any subsequent proceedings regarding said interpretation and enforcement due to the evidenced interstate transaction occurring as a result of this Arbitration Agreement. All state laws shall be preempted to the fullest legal extent by the FAA and AAA Rules as intended by both parties. The laws of the state of Nevada shall govern any issues that arise under this Arbitration Agreement which cannot be found within the FAA and AAA Rules.
A written Demand for Arbitration (as detailed in the AAA Rules) shall be required of any party who wishes to initiate arbitration and must be provided to the opposing party. You can find a form for the Demand for Arbitration at the Consumer Arbitration Rules section in www.adr.org. The Arbitrator provided by AAA may be one of the following:
- an attorney that has as specific license to practice law in the state of Nevada and that is selected by both parties from the AAA’s roster of consumer dispute arbitrators. The AAA shall appoint an Arbitrator in accordance with AAA Rules if both parties cannot agree upon an Arbitrator within seven (7) days of the delivery of the Demand for Arbitration; or
- a retired judge.
Location and Procedure
Arbitration shall occur within Las Vegas, Nevada. Unless you request a hearing or the Arbitrator deems that the arbitration requires a hearing, and if the claim does not exceed the limit of $10,000, then the arbitration will proceed based solely on the documents that TRYP Rides and you submit to the Arbitrator. For any claims exceeding $10,000, the AAA Rules will dictate your right to a hearing. It is up to the Arbitrator, operating within the bounds of the AAA Rules, to govern and manage an exchange of information by the parties that is reasonable and consistent with the accelerated purpose of said arbitration.
The AAA Rules specify a time frame within which the Arbitrator will determine an award. Any court that has competent jurisdiction to hold the judgement of the arbitration award may be valid. Injunctive or declaratory relief may be awarded by the Arbitrator if it is only in favor of the claimant and only to the extent that is deemed necessary for the relief that is warranted by the claimant’s individual claim. All decisions made by the Arbitrator shall be final and all parties involved shall be bound by said decisions. Therefore, there shall be no precedential or collateral estoppel effect of the Arbitrator’s decision or judgement. Attorneys’ fees and expenses shall be compensated to the prevailing party in arbitration in accordance with applicable law.
Costs of Arbitration
The AAA Rules shall be solely responsible for setting forth any necessary fees that you are responsible to pay for any AAA filing, administrative, and/or arbitrator fees.
Modifications or Amendments
Severability and Survival
In the event that any portion of this Arbitration Agreement is deemed unenforceable or unlawful for any reason whatsoever, the following actions will ensue;
- The severance of the unenforceable or unlawful provision shall not impact the remainder of the Arbitration Agreement or the ability of either party to enact arbitration of any claims that may remain on an individual basis (which is pursuant to the Arbitration Agreement) in any way whatsoever;
- The claims that fall outside of the umbrella of the remaining Arbitration Agreement and the AAA Rules must proceed on a class, collective, consolidated, or representative basis in a civil court of competent jurisdiction. These claims shall not be made in arbitration and any individual claims that remain in arbitration shall bear no effect on these individual claims.
You acknowledge and agree that the rights granted herein are personal in nature and may not, in whole or in part, be transferred, delegated, or assigned by you without the prior written express consent of TRYP Rides. In the event you assign this agreement to a third party with TRYP Rides’ consent, you shall remain primarily liable for the performance of its obligations hereunder. Nothing herein shall prevent TRYP Rides from assigning its rights or obligations under this Agreement.
Contacting TRYP Rides
Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions or concerns regarding the terms and conditions within this Agreement, your interactions with TRYP Rides or usage of the Platform or Services, and the practices of TRYP Rides as a whole.