TRYP RIDES TERMS OF SERVICE – RIDER
LAST UPDATED DATE: March 19, 2019
These terms of services are made up of a legally binding agreement (the “Agreement”) between you (“you”, “your,” “Rider,” “User,” or “TRYP Rides community member”) and TRYP Technologies, Inc. (“TRYP,” “TRYP Rides,” “we,” “us,” or “our”), a Wyoming corporation, dictating your usage of the TRYP Rides application, website, and technology platform (collectively, the “TRYP Rides Platform,” or “Platform,” or “Services).
PLEASE CAREFULLY REVIEW THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT BEFORE AGREEING TO IT, AND BEFORE USING THE TRYP Rides PLATFORM. THIS IS A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT AND BY USING THE TRYP PLATFORM, YOU ARE AGREEING TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
These Terms provide that all disputes between you and TRYP Rides will be resolved by BINDING ARBITRATION. ACCORDINGLY, YOU AGREE TO GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO GO TO COURT (INCLUDING IN A CLASS ACTION) to assert or defend your rights under these Terms (except for matters that may be taken to small claims court). Your rights will be determined by a NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR and NOT a judge or jury and your claims cannot be brought as a class action. Please review the Section below titled Dispute Resolution; Arbitration Agreement for the details regarding your agreement to arbitrate any disputes with TRYP Rides.
TRYP Rides allows Drivers and Riders to connect, provided you comply with all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement. In addition to the remainder of the terms outlined in this Agreement, you agree:
- that you are 18 or over;
- that TRYP Rides is not a transportation provider;
- that you will be charged for utilizing the Platform;
- that TRYP Rides does not have control over the Drivers, and is merely a software provider;
- that it is your responsibility to ensure your own safety while using the Platform;
- TRYP Rides liability may be limited;
- the Platform is provided as is;
- that you are responsible for obeying all laws, rules, and regulations while acting using the Platform;
- your account is personal to you, and you will not share your account with anyone else, or allow anyone else to step into your role as the Drive on this account; and
- that you will advise TRYP Rides of any issues immediately.
The foregoing recitals form a part of the Agreement, and you and TRYP Rides agree to this Agreement in consideration of your compliance with the terms of this Agreement and in exchange for TRYP Rides license of the TRYP Rides Platform to you.
TRYP Rides Platform offers a means for Drivers and Riders to connect and communicate in order to facilitate on-demand transportation services. Drivers and Riders may be collectively and separately referred to as “Users” throughout this document. Users are required to create a User account that allows them to utilize TRYP Rides Platform. The transportation services that occur within the TRYP Rides Platform may be referred to as “Services” throughout this Agreement.
WHILE TRYP Rides DOES PERFORM A BACKGROUND CHECK ON ALL DRIVERS, TRYP Rides DOES NOT CONTROL THE DRIVERS. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU USE THE PLATFORM AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND YOU SHOULD AT ALL TIMES EXERCISE CAUTION IN ACCEPTING RIDES FROM DRIVERS. IF AT ANY TIME YOU FEEL UNSAFE, PLEASE CONTACT EMERGENCY SERVICES IMMEDIATELY.
TRYP Rides IS A FACILITATOR OF TRANSPORTATION SERVICES BETWEEN A DRIVER AND RIDER. WE ARE NOT A TRANSPORTATION SERVICE PROVIDER. WE ARE NOT A TRANSPORTATION CARRIER. EACH DRIVER DECIDES WHETHER THEY WANT TO ACCEPT A RIDE REQUEST ONCE THEY HAVE BEEN PLACED IN COMMUNICATION WITH A TRYP Rides RIDER VIA OUR PLATFORM. EACH RIDER DECIDES WHETHER THEY WANT TO ACCEPT TRANSPORTATION FROM A DRIVER ONCE COMMUNICATION HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED BETWEEN THEM VIA OUR PLATFORM. IT IS UP TO THE USER TO DECIDE TO ACCEPT OR OFFER ANY SERVICES INVOLVING THE TRYP Rides PLATFORM. EVERY RIDE OFFERED OR ACCEPTED BY EITHER USER PARTY SHALL BE DEEMED A SEPARATE AGREEMENT BETWEEN THESE TWO OR MORE USERS.
The creation and registration of any User account with the TRYP Rides Platform automatically dictates that you have read and understood all of the terms and conditions within this Agreement. NO USER SHALL BE ALLOWED TO ACCESS THE PLATFORM IF THEY DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
Modifications and Amendments
TRYP Rides can and will modify the terms and conditions of this Agreement at our sole discretion. Any additions or alterations to this Agreement will be made effective upon posting and notification of said posting to our Users. The “Last Updated Date” at the top of this Agreement may be the sole way in which we notify our Users of any updates to this Agreement. Your consent to this Agreement will be automatically received upon your continued usage of our Platform after the Agreement has been modified and such date has been changed. Any updates or changes that are deemed disagreeable to you as a User will render your usage or access of the Platform unacceptable.
Only individuals who are legally allowed to form binding contracts under applicable law may use or access the TRYP Rides Platform. TRYP Rides is not made available or promoted to children (individuals less than 18 years of age). Users who have had their account deactivated for any reason shall not have access to the TRYP Rides Platform, either temporarily or permanently. By registering as a TRYP Rides User, you are legally acknowledging and declaring that you are at least 18 years of age. You are also acknowledging and declaring that you have a legal right and authority to agree and abide by the terms and conditions listed in this Agreement. Riders that are within the ages of 13 to 18 years of age (which may be referred to as “Child” throughout this Agreement) may link their account with a parent or guardian account (an individual at least 18 years of age) who has the right and authority to legally agree to these terms and conditions on behalf of the former individual (“Child”) in order to request services via the TRYP Rides Platform. No one under the age of 13 may request services via the TRYP Rides Platform or otherwise use the TRYP Rides Platform.
Users accepting Services for transportation will be deemed Riders and will hereby consent to any charges for said Services. These charges are mandatory, due, and payable upon the completion of the Services. These charges may include the base fee or ride fares as well as any and all other fees, tolls, surcharges, taxes, and/or tips that are applicable to the Services. Tips are encouraged but not required and are given at your sole discretion as a Rider. Pricing may be modified and TRYP Rides reserves the right to the determination and modification of this pricing which shall be made clear within corresponding agreements and on the TRYP Rides Platform. The TRYP Rides Platform includes a variety of services and charges which may vary depending on the type that you request and have completed. It is your responsibility as the User to understand and agree to these charges prior to the use of the TRYP Rides Platform.
- Ride Fares – All rides provided via the TRYP Rides Platform will have a Booking Fee applied to them. Additional incremental charges based on the duration and distance of your ride shall also be applied. There is a minimum fee applied to all rides regardless of the length.
- Cancellation Charges – A cancellation fee dictated by TRYP Rides that can be modified at our sole discretion shall be applied to any ride request that is canceled after more than five (5) minutes of the initial request. This cancellation fee shall also be applied if repeated or frequent cancellations occur from the same User. You agree to pay any cancellation fees that are applied for your failure to arrive at your chosen pickup location in a timely manner deemed appropriate by TRYP Rides. Intentional disruption of our services may result in additional charges and/or cancellation fees.
- Damages – Any reports from a Driver or Service provider regarding damages, intentional or otherwise, for the damage of an operating vehicle, shall be investigated by TRYP Rides and damage fees may be applied to your initial fees as a result of this investigation. We are not obligated to verify or require any documentation of the events pertaining to disclosed damages, however, we reserve the right to do so.
- Other Charges – Anticipated or actual fees that include but are not limited to airport fees, state or local fees, tolls (both directions), and processing fees for split payments shall be applied to your ride in the event they are relevant to your ride request. TRYP Rides shall collect applicable taxes whenever required by law.
- Payment Procurement and Processing – Drivers utilize third-party payment procurement and processing services and all charges to you as a User shall be facilitated through said services. We are not required to notify you of any changes made to our payment processing services. All charges will be assessed through the TRYP Rides Platform. All payments, other than tips, must be processed through the TRYP Rides platform.
- Refunds – All charges made through the TRYP Rides Platform are non-refundable. The termination of your Account or the usage of the TRYP Rides Platform shall not have any effect on any existing or future charges. Charges are assessed immediately after the completion of Services.
- Promotion Redemption – TRYP Rides reserves the right to make promotions available with a variety of features to any of our Riders for any reason whatsoever without notification of other Users who may have not received said promotions. These promotions shall not have any bearing on your charges unless otherwise explicitly stated to you in writing by TRYP Rides . The use of promotions may include the creation of promotional codes that can be redeemed to specific User Accounts. These promotional codes shall be subject to separate promotional code agreements on a per-code basis and shall not apply to any Riders that have not received said codes or to any charges made outside of the agreements pertaining to said codes. The following restrictions apply to promotional code usage: 1. Codes may not be used for anyone other than the intended recipient and for the intended purpose. 2. Unless written consent is given by TRYP Rides , promotional codes may not be duplicated, sold, or distributed in any manner other than what has been expressly stated in the relevant code’s agreement. 3. TRYP Rides reserves the right to disable any and all promotions at any time for any reason. 4. Promotional codes cannot be redeemed for cash. 5. Promotional codes may have an expiration date set by TRYP Rides . Any fraudulent, error-based, or violating usage of promotional codes warrants that TRYP Rides may disable said code or even issue charges based on the amount that said code had reduced initial charges to the User deemed at-fault.
- Authorization of Credit Card Use – TRYP Rides may at any time seek authorization of your chosen payment method for verification purposes, to ensure charges will be met and costs will be covered for Services, and to protect against any violations of the terms and conditions within this Agreement and any corresponding agreements. Authorizations of your payment method are not charges, however it may be temporarily posted as such depending on your bank’s processing methods and cycle duration. Overdraft of NSF charges by your bank may be applied to your account in the event that you do not hold a large enough amount to cover the authorization charges. TRYP Rides is in no way responsible for these charges and cannot assist you in remedying this situation in any way whatsoever.
Contact and Communications
Registering as a TRYP Rides User dictates that you automatically agree to the consensual acceptance and reception of communications from us via email, SMS, phone calls, and push notifications from within the mobile device that you access the TRYP Rides platform. The consent to this communication from TRYP Rides means you accept that you may be sent automated or pre-recorded content from TRYP Rides , our Drivers, and/or our third-party partners which shall include but is not limited to messages regarding your account, updates or information involving our Platform or Services, promotional or marketing content managed by us or our partners, and any relevant news or developments surrounding TRYP Rides or our relevant industries.
SMS disclosures: You will receive a one-time PIN to verify your mobile number on Tryp Rides. Message frequency may vary. Standard message and data rates may apply. Reply HELP for help. Reply STOP to cancel. T-Mobile® is not liable for delayed or undeliverable messages. Supported carriers include, but are not limited to : AT&T Boost MetroPCS Sprint T-Mobile® U.S. Cellular® Verizon Wireless Virgin Mobile USA.
YOU MAY OPT-OUT OF RECEIVING COMMUNICATIONS BY COMPLETING THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS. Standard SMS messaging and/or data utilization fees shall apply to your communications with TRYP Rides and are your responsibility. You are not required to consent to the receipt of any promotional content or communication. Text the word STOP from the mobile device receiving the messages in order to opt-out of any promotional or marketing communications via text or phone call. Text the word STOPALL from the mobile device receiving the messages in order to opt-out of receiving all text messages or calls from TRYP Rides entirely. It shall be noted that opting out of receiving all texts may impact your ability to effectively and efficiently utilize the TRYP Rides Platform.
As a v User, you accept full responsibility for the publication, promotion, and/or sharing of your Information or interactions between us and other users of our Platform. Any Information that you provide which may be required by law or v to ensure proper utilization and functioning of our Platform shall be automatically deemed accurate, current, and complete by you as a TRYP Rides User. You agree that you are the only individual controlling the publication or sharing of your Information. TRYP Rides shall retain the right to utilize your Information in a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable manner. This grants us the rights and license to copyright, publicize, and create databases based on this Information that you provide. We shall also retain the right to use, copy, perform, display, and distribute this Information in all current and future possible capacities. We do not claim any ownership of your Information. You retain any and all rights related to your Information within the bounds of the rights granted to us in this Agreement.
You and you alone are the only individual with the authorization to utilize or access your TRYP Rides account. We do not accept any responsibility regarding the maintenance and retention of your confidentiality of your password and/or username for your TRYP Rides account and/or Platform. Any activities that occur within your User account shall fall under your responsibility. Any unauthorized utilization of your User account shall not be in any way the fault of TRYP Rides. You agree to notify us immediately upon recognizing the unauthorized or suspicious activity or utilization regarding your User account.
Third Party Account Registration
User accounts may be created and registered via the usage of third-party clients such as social media platforms (like Facebook). When this is done, you expressly understand and consent that you are allowing TRYP Rides to access all login information associated with the relevant third-party client. We reserve the right to access, store, and make available all content that is provided and stored within your third-party client account. All information regarding your third-party account shall be deemed your information and will be acted upon in a manner consistent with the terms and conditions laid out in this Agreement. This information may include personally identifiable information depending entirely on your settings that are managed solely within your third-party account.
By using the TRYP Rides Platform and participating in the Services, you agree to never perform the following acts:
- Harassment of any person via stalking, threatening, or otherwise illegal or intolerable act;
- Violation of any laws, statutes, ordination or regulations laid out by the governing or regulatory body in which you access the TRYP Rides Platform;
- Posting of any information or interactions on or in conjunction with the TRYP Rides Platform or Services in a manner which may be deemed false, inaccurate, misleading (by direct means, omission, or failure to update), defamatory, libelous, abusive, obscene, profane, offensive, sexually oriented, threatening, harassing, or illegal;
- Infringing on any third party’s rights by use of the Platform in any way that may include but is not limited to: intellectual property rights, copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, and/or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- The transmission, publication, and/or posting of any malicious content, including but not limited to code, files or programs that are designed to in any way corrupt, interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware, as well as the any telecommunications equipment (the interception or expropriation of any system, data, and/or personal information is also included in this decree);
- Usage of any part of the TRYP Rides Platform in a circumstance which could be deemed as “framing” or “mirroring” without prior written authorization, as well as the usage of meta tags or code or other devices that may contain any reference to us in an attempt to direct any individual or party to another website for any reason whatsoever; or
- Attempting to modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile, or otherwise disassemble any portion or segment of the TRYP Rides Platform or any affiliated software that may be used on or in conjunction with the TRYP Rides Platform;
- Sublicensing, licensing, redistribution, selling, lending, renting, and/or leasing of access to the TRYP Rides Platform, any element of the TRYP Rides Platform, and/or the TRYP Rides Platform as a whole;
- Causing us to become subject to regulation or creating liability for us regarding the usage of TRYP Rides as a transportation carrier or provider of a taxi service;
- Creating links directly, or indirectly, to any external content or websites;
- Transferring or selling any information regarding your User account, which may include but is not limited to your password;
- Causing the engagement of any third party with regards to any of the restricted activities that have been listed above. You shall agree to contact us immediately and directly at [email protected] as soon as you experience or notice any violation or attempted violation of these Restricted Activities. You also agree to provide any and all information regarding these circumstances.
- Involvement in the impersonation of any person or entity;
- Interference or disruption of servers or networks that may connect the TRYP Rides Platform, as well as the general Services provided from within the TRYP Rides Platform;
- Forging or manipulating of any headers or identifiers in an attempt to disguise the origin of any information that may be transmitted through the Platform;
- Using any spiders, robots, site search/retrieval applications, and/or other manual or automatic devices or process in an effort to retrieve, index, scrape, “data mine”, or create or circumvent or attempt to reproduce any of the navigational structuring or presentation of the contents within the TRYP Rides Platform or the TRYP Rides Platform as whole;
We have no obligation to suspend or deactivate any User not in compliance with this Agreement. However, we reserve the right to do so at our sole discretion.
TRYP Rides is the sole owner of all intellectual property rights associated with the Platform and the Services. Regardless of registration status, all database rights, copyright, trademarks, design rights and any other rights not listed here shall be deemed the property of TRYP Rides . TRYP Rides is the owner of all logos, service marks, company and/or product names, and other trademarks not listed here. All information provided to TRYP Rides from you, whether in the form of questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback, or any other type of information not listed here, shall be the sole property of TRYP Rides and any submission of said information deems that you understand and consent to this arrangement. TRYP Rides shall retain the right to utilize your Information in a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable manner. This grants us the rights and license to copyright, publicize, and create databases based on this Information that you provide. We shall also retain the right to use, copy, perform, display, and distribute this Information in all current and future possible capacities. TRYP Rides shall have no obligation to compensate you or notify you regarding any usage of your submission of information to TRYP Rides , through TRYP Rides Services, or via the TRYP Rides Platform. All materials including but not limited to logos, designs, graphics, scripts, service names, and icons are registered trademarks of TRYP Rides and shall be commanded as such. These materials shall be referred to as TRYP Rides Trademarks throughout this Agreement.
You consent and understand that TRYP Rides is the owner and licensor of TRYP Rides Trademarks. Your use of TRYP Rides Trademarks is solely to the benefit of TRYP Rides and in no way confers any additional interest or ownership to you of said Trademarks. You agree to not perform or assist in the following:
- Attempt to invalidate the proprietary nature of TRYP Rides Trademarks or other materials under the umbrella of our intellectual property rights through any form of usage whatsoever, or any usage that does not fall within the terms and conditions listed in this Agreement;
- Apply to register or renew any material that falls under the umbrella of previously or currently owned property rights or Trademarks by TRYP Rides as well as any material that may be deemed similar by TRYP Rides ;
- Use TRYP Rides Trademarks or any derivation of TRYP Rides Trademarks in the creation of any materials, whether through incorporation or other means, unless you have been given written approval by TRYP Rides ;
- Attempt to challenge TRYP Rides ownership of the TRYP Rides Trademarks or take any action that would otherwise jeopardize or invalidate said ownership, including the ability for TRYP Rides to enforce our policies regarding intellectual property rights;
- Associate TRYP Rides Trademarks with any materials, products, services, or actions that in any way violate laws, statutes, governmental regulations or standards, or the terms and conditions laid out in this Agreement.
If you violate any provision of TRYP Rides Trademark License, then immediate termination of said license will take place. All materials created that bear any of TRYP Rides Trademarks or any significant similarity to TRYP Rides Trademarks shall immediately fall under the umbrella of TRYP Rides intellectual property, regardless of how derivative or different the materials are. You consent to submit any materials to us that are relevant to this policy.
These disclaimers are made on behalf of the affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders and suppliers of TRYP Rides . There are no warranties or conditions (express, implied, or statutory) that are made within the TRYP Rides Platform and said Platform is offered on an “as is” basis. Additionally, there are no guarantees or promises made that are specific to the results of the use of our Platform and/or Services the services within it. Any warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a specific purpose, and/or non-infringement implications are officially disclaimed by TRYP Rides . It is possible that you live in a state that does not allow TRYP Rides to disclaim any implied warranties. In this case, the following disclaimer may not apply to you. The warranty detailed here allots each user specific legal rights which may be in addition to various legal rights that will vary depending on your jurisdiction of operation. The following implications or promises are not warranted during your use of the TRYP Rides Platform: Accurate, complete, reliable, current, secure, uninterrupted, always available, and/or error free usage. Any defects in the TRYP Rides platform being discovered and/or corrected or the implicated of virus-free and non-harmful component usage are also not warranted by TRYP Rides . Any connectivity and availability of the TRYP Rides Platform or Services is not warranted and we are not liable for any lack of connection or availability. The quality or safety of the transportation that is provided via the Services within the TRYP Rides platform does not fall under our control. We do not guarantee that Services will be completed using the TRYP Rides Platform, whether or not they were initiated or promised by the Rider or Driver. Users can lie about their identity and we cannot guarantee that any individual is who they claim to be. The use of common sense is encouraged. Make sure that profile pictures align with the User’s appearance in person. If either User suspects fraudulent activity or falsification of identity, please contact TRYP Rides at [email protected]. We are not liable or responsible for any Users and any content, communication, or usage by said Users who may be falsifying information about their age. Direct communication with the User that you are arranged to connect with is encouraged in order to ensure that none of the above activities are taking place. Any online or offline actions performed by TRYP Rides Users is in no way the responsibility of TRYP Rides . All of your interactions and communications with other Users are your responsibility. The whereabouts and possession of personal belongings are the sole responsibility of the users that claim ownership over them. We do not provide or procure insurance for left or lost belongings. Using the TRYP Rides Platform and taking part in the Services means that you agree TRYP Rides is not responsible for any of the described actions or lack thereof and that you automatically consent to these risks. Any information that you provide to us, via our Platform, or during Services to other Users is your responsibility and it is possible that said information will be used to harm or harass you. We shall not be held liable for any harmful actions taken with your personal information. We encourage you to be careful about what information you decide to provide to us or via the TRYP Rides Platform or during Services. Any actions taken with regards to this information does not fall under our responsibility, regardless of whether the User(s) at fault is officially authorized or is a malicious entity. All opinions, offers, statements, advice, and/or other information that is published, posted, provided, and/or shared through the TRYP Rides Platform (except that which is provided directly by us) are the responsibility of the individual(s) who created and distributed them and we cannot guarantee the legitimacy of said information. Any harm or loss that is incurred as a result of the following of this information is your responsibility and not ours.
The TRYP Rides Platform contains, or you may be sent through the TRYP Rides Platform, links to other websites owned and operated by third parties (“Third Party Sites”), as well as articles, photographs, text, graphics, pictures, designs, music, sound, video, information, applications, software and other content or items belonging to or originating from third parties (“Third Party Content”). All materials that are posted in the TRYP Rides Platform may be monitored by us and removed at any time for any reasons that we see fit; however we are in no way obligated to do so and are not liable for any harm that is caused by those materials. Within the TRYP Rides Platform, there are links and content that are created, owned and operated by third parties, which include text, graphics, pictures, music, videos, software, and more. We are not responsible for investigating or monitoring any of this content for its accuracy, appropriateness, or legitimacy. In any situation where precise location information may be required or where inaccurate information may lead to harm, death, property, or environmental damage, the location data provided by TRYP Rides Platform should not be relied upon and we are in no way responsible or liable for anything that occurs to Users who disregard this statement. Our location data is only intended for basic location purposes. Any date, time, or location information cannot be guaranteed in any way by TRYP Rides or our content providers. All location data that you share with TRYP Rides , either manually or automatically, will be made accessible to TRYP Rides and specific Users of the Platform.
State and Local Disclosures
Additional disclosures to you may be required depending on the jurisdiction in which you use the Platform. We will be updating the disclosures page whenever necessary and it is your responsibility as a User to check back to understand these updates.
You shall indemnify and hold TRYP Rides, the Releasees, as defined below, each of their affiliates, and any of their parent company, sister company, subsidiary, related company or affiliate thereof, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders, suppliers, and affiliates harmless from and against any and all demands, claims, actions, causes of action, liabilities, suits, proceedings, investigations or inquiries, or any damages, judgments, awards, or settlement thereto, and all related out-of-pocket expenses, including, but not limited to, all reasonable outside attorneys’ fees and court costs, arising from or related to or arising from your breach of this Agreement and/or your use of the Platform.
This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Your violation of any rights or laws laid out or respected by third parties that include, but are not limited to, Drivers or other Users and other citizens that may come into contact during your use of the Platform or Services, as a result of your own connections with the respective third party;
- Any damage you do to a car that you ride in;
- Any negligence of any party does not render this indemnity inapplicable;
- Your breach of the terms and conditions within this Agreement as well as any corresponding agreements;
- Your submission or transmission (or any allegation regarding such) of materials that may violate or infringe upon copyright, trademark, trade secret, or intellectual property or any other similar rights of a third party;
- Your failure to make payment under this Agreement; and/or
- Any other activities that take place within the realm of the Platform or the Services.
TRYP Rides , OUR AFFILIATES, AND/OR OUR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SHAREHOLDERS, OR SUPPLIERS, ARE IN NO WAY OR IN ANY EVENT LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY TYPE OF DAMAGES THAT MAY ARISE OUT OF OR FALL WITHIN THE UMBRELLA OF THE PLATFORM, THE SERVICES, OR ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT USAGE OF EITHER. THESE DAMAGES, WHETHER INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INDIRECT SHALL INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO ANY INFORMATION OR CONTENT MAINTAINED OR TRANSMITTED BY THE TRYP Rides PLATFORM, ANY SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS, THE COST OF PROCURING A SUBSTITUTION TO OUR SERVICES, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF PROGRAMS, DELETION, CORRUPTION, OR FAILURE TO STORE INFORMATION THAT MAY IN ANY WAY BE RELATED TO THE USE OF THE PLATFORM, THE SERVICES, AND THE AGREEMENT. THE SCOPE OF TRYP Rides INSURANCE POLICIES SHALL NOT BE LIMITED BY ANY OF THESE DAMAGES OR ANY SUPPOSED NEGLIGENCE OF THESE DAMAGES. ANY DAMAGES OF THE SAME TYPE(S) LISTED ABOVE THAT INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO PHYSICAL DAMAGES, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS OR DISCOMFORT, OR BODILY INJURY THAT ARE IN ANY WAY CONNECTED TO THE USAGE OF THIS PLATFORM, THE SERVICES, OR YOUR COMMUNICATION OR CONNECTION WITH USERS SHALL ALSO REMAIN OUTSIDE OF THE SCOPE OF OUR LIABILITY, REGARDLESS OF OUR KNOWLEDGE OF SAID DAMAGES PRIOR TO, DURING, OR AFTER THEIR SUPPOSED OCCURRENCE(S). DEPENDING ON THE JURISDICTION IN WHICH YOU OPERATE OR USE THE PLATFORM OR SERVICES, THE LIMITATION AND EXCLUSION OF SAID DAMAGES MAY NOT BE ALLOWED. YOU MAY RETAIN ADDITIONAL RIGHTS IF THE LAWS WITHIN THESE SPECIAL JURISDICTIONS APPLY TO YOU.
In consideration for your use of the Platform, you hereby remise, release and forever discharge and agree to hold harmless TRYP Rides and its affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, representatives, shareholders and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”), from and against any and all rights, claims, demands, liability, losses, damages (including, but not limited to, personal injuries, death or property damage), and actions whatsoever, in law or in equity that you or your heirs, executors or assigns may have, arising in any way from your use of the Platform, except to the extent that exclusion or limitation of such liability is prohibited by law, and you hereby further hold the Releasees harmless from any subsequent costs imposed on you as a result of your use of the Platform.
You understand that use of the Platform may involve risks, including getting into the car with strangers, and that there are certain inherent risks associated with use of the Platform that cannot be eliminated regardless of the care taken to avoid injuries. The specific risks range from (1) minor injuries such as scratches, bruises, and sprains to (2) theft or losses, to (3) catastrophic injuries including paralysis and death.
You have read the previous paragraph and you know, understand, and appreciate these and other risks that are inherent in using the Platform. You hereby assert that your participation is voluntary and that you knowingly assume all such risks.
You further agree that if, despite this release, waiver of liability and assumption of risk, you or someone on your behalf makes a claim against any of the Releasees, you will indemnify and hold harmless each of the Releasees from any loss, liability or expense which may be incurred as a result of such claim.
You agree that you will not assert or maintain against Releasees any claim, action, suit or demand of any kind or nature whatsoever, including those grounded upon invasion of privacy, rights of publicity or other civil rights, and you hereby release the Releasees and each of them, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, demands, actions, causes of action(s), costs and expenses whatsoever, at law or in equity, known or unknown, anticipated or unanticipated, which you ever had, now have, or may, shall or hereafter have by any reason, matter, cause or thing arising out of this Agreement or the Platform.
The Nevada Civil Code Section 1542 (or analogous laws of other states), which says: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which, if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor,” shall be understood by you, and by using the TRYP Rides platform, you are waiving any rights that you may have under this or any other relevant civil code. TRYP Rides may monitor disputes involving the above scenarios, however we have no obligation to do so.
Further, you hereby acknowledge that you have reviewed and been advised by legal counsel, and are familiar with and fully understand the provisions of California Civil Code Section 1542 which provides as follows: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” Having been so advised, you nevertheless elect to and do so assume all risks, known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, heretofore arising from this Agreement, the Services, or the Platform, and specifically waive any rights it may have under Section 1542, as well as under any other statute or common-law principle in any jurisdiction with a similar effect.
You have read this Agreement and understand that you are giving up substantial rights by signing it, and have signed it freely and without any inducement or assurance of any nature. Accordingly, you intend it to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law. You agree that, if any portion of this Agreement is held to be invalid, the balance of the Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
Your use of the Platform is as-is, and at your own risk. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, TRYP Rides, ON BEHALF OF ITSELF AND THE RELEASEES, DISCLAIMS ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES, INCLUDING YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM.
TRYP Rides DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT, AND SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS, THAT THE PLATFORM WILL BE IN GOOD CONDITION, IN WORKING CONDITION, OR OTHERWISE USABLE. FURTHER, TRYP Rides DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT, AND SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS, THAT THE PLATFORM WILL BE ERROR FREE, WITHOUT DELAY OR INTERRUPTION, OR WITHOUT DELAY.
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF TRYP Rides EXCEED $1,000.00. IN NO EVENT SHALL TRYP BE LIABLE TO ANYONE FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY DAMAGES TO YOU OR YOUR PROPERTY FOR ANY CLAIM, HARM, DAMAGE, OR LOSS, ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE ACCESSING OR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE PLATFORM ASSOCIATED THEREWITH, REGARDLESS OF CAUSE, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT OR NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, EVEN IF THE PARTY FROM WHICH DAMAGES ARE BEING SOUGHT OR THE THIRD PARTY PROVIDER HAVE BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION SHALL NOT APPLY IN THE EVENT OF YOUR BREACH, OR RELATED TO YOUR INDEMNITY OBLIGATIONS. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW FOR LIMITED LIABILITY OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES; AND, IF ANY OF THOSE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, THEN SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MIGHT NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
You are solely and fully responsible for the safe and lawful use of the Platform at all times. You acknowledge and agree that the Platform may malfunction, whether as a result of your fault or otherwise. Getting into a car with strangers, and providing your personal information in general, involves risks, some of which are apparent and some of which are not obvious. THERE ARE RISKS, HAZARDS, DANGERS, AND THE POTENTIAL FOR HARM IN CONNECTION WITH ACCEPTING RIDES THROUGH THE PLATFORM. YOU USE THE PLATFORM AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR USING THE PLATFORM, AND YOU AGREE THAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR DETERMINING HOW TO COMPLY WITH SAFETY LAWS. YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM MAY LEAD TO DAMAGE OR HARM NOT ONLY TO YOU, BUT ALSO TO OTHER PEOPLE OR PROPERTY. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY HARM OR DAMAGE INCURRED IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM. BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT AND USING THE PLATFORM, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AND ALL RISKS, DAMAGE, DANGER, AND HAZARDS, WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, EXPECTED OR UNEXPECTED, RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM.
Term and Termination
Immediately upon creating a User account and registering with TRYP Rides , you (the creator of said account) consent to the understanding and following of the terms and conditions within this agreement, including any amendments or adjustments made. All Users retain the rights to discontinue their use of the Platform and their participation in the Services. We reserve the right to revoke, suspend, and deactivate any User account at any time if the terms and conditions laid out in this Agreement or any other corresponding documents have been deemed to be violated based on our sole discretion. Written notice is required for sudden termination of this Agreement by either party. All provisions capable of surviving shall survive termination or expiration of this Agreement.
Any usage of proprietary and/or other information of any kind that is related to TRYP Rides , the Platform, and the Services, including the business and operations and properties, as well as the User information that may be provided to you by TRYP Rides , for any personal use or use that is beyond the scope of this Agreement shall be deemed unlawful and will not be permitted. You are not permitted to share or assist in the sharing of any information extracted from TRYP Rides, the Platform, or the Services with any third parties. You consent that the protection of the security and avoided disclosure of said information falls under your responsibility and that you will take reasonable measures to ensure said information does not enter the public domain in any way.
If you can prove that any of the following circumstances regarding the information as described above are true, then you shall not have liability to TRYP Rides for the release or dissemination of said information: (1) This information was already existing in the public domain or that you were not at fault for it entering the public domain; (2) This information was already unrestricted to you at the time of disclosure (proven by files that existed at that time); (3) This information was disclosed to you without restriction from a third party that has in some way not breached the terms and conditions within this Agreement; (4) This information was legally required to be disclosed (provided that you can prove the court order or legal requirement for this information release within a prompt notice to TRYP Rides ); or (5) This information has been approved to be disclosed to you via a written document produced by TRYP Rides .
All notices in relation to this Agreement or any other corresponding agreements shall be delivered to TRYP Rides via certified mail with prepaid postage and a return receipt (unless stated otherwise within this Agreement) to the following address:
TRYP Technologies, Inc.
10161 Park Run Drive, Suite 150
Las Vegas, Nevada, 89145
Any notice will be marked as given with a date that is five (5) days following the date of initial mailing of the notice. We will provide you with any relevant notices via the TRYP Rides Platform, text, email, or mobile phone calls based on the contact information that you provided to us during your registration. These notices shall be marked as given immediately upon sending. In certain cases in which we will send you certified mail with the same standards as described above, the notices will be marked as given five (5) days after the initial mailing of said notices.
Any complaints regarding the TRYP Rides Platform shall be resolved by contacting our Customer Service Department through our support center at [email protected]
Choice of Law / Choice of Venue / Forum Selection
The laws of the State of Nevada (excluding the regard to choice of law principles) shall govern this Agreement. Only the federal or state courts in Clark County, Nevada, shall be the proper locations for the resolution of any litigation (assuming a lack of arbitration).
Consenting to this Agreement means that you agree to your requirement to resolve any claims made against TRYP Rides individually and via the terms and conditions laid out in the following Arbitration Agreement. Any class, collective, or representative actions taken against TRYP Rides will hereby be unwarranted. Any current or future class, collective, consolidated, or representative action brought against TRYP Rides by a third-party may not be participated in by you.
Agreement to Binding Arbitration Between You and TRYP Rides
Any and all claims, controversies, and/or disputes that are in any way connected to the terms and conditions laid out in this Agreement as well as any connecting agreements and/or your use of the Platform shall be resolved via arbitration between you and TRYP Rides . You may not pursue action against TRYP Rides surrounding any of the above issues in a court of law.
You hereby understand and consent to the fact that you and TRYP Rides shall waive the right to a trial by jury or to participate in any representative or class action proceedings (either as a plaintiff or class member). All arbitration shall take place on an individual basis unless expressly agreed upon in writing by both you and TRYP Rides . Small claims court remains a valid venue in which either you or TRYP Rides may retain the right to bring individual action. The same rights are retained for the seeking of injunctive or other equitable relief in a court of competent jurisdiction regarding any issues involving intellectual property rights as laid out in the terms and conditions of this Agreement and all corresponding agreements.
Governing Law and Arbitration Rules
American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) is the organization which shall administer all arbitration between you and TRYP Rides . This arbitration shall be performed according to the Consumer Arbitration Rules and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (“AAA Rules”) as laid out by the AAA, excluding those which have been explicitly modified by this Arbitration Agreement. You can find a listing of all AAA Rules at www.adr.org/arb_med or via their phone number at 1-800-778-7879.
Both parties hereby agree that the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. § 1 et seq. (“FAA”), will govern the interpretation and enforcement and any subsequent proceedings regarding said interpretation and enforcement due to the evidenced interstate transaction occurring as a result of this Arbitration Agreement. All state laws shall be preempted to the fullest legal extent by the FAA and AAA Rules as intended by both parties. The laws of the state of Nevada shall govern any issues that arise under this Arbitration Agreement which cannot be found within the FAA and AAA Rules.
A written Demand for Arbitration (as detailed in the AAA Rules) shall be required of any party who wishes to initiate arbitration and must be provided to the opposing party. You can find a form for the Demand for Arbitration at the Consumer Arbitration Rules section in www.adr.org or via phone at 1-800-778-7879. The Arbitrator provided by AAA may be one of the following: 1. An attorney that has a specific license to practice law in the state of Nevada and that is selected by both parties from the AAA’s roster of consumer dispute arbitrators; or 2. A retired judge. The AAA shall appoint an Arbitrator in accordance with AAA Rules if both parties cannot agree upon an Arbitrator within seven (7) days of the delivery of the Demand for Arbitration.
Location and Procedure
Arbitration shall occur within Las Vegas, Nevada. Unless you request a hearing or the Arbitrator deems that the arbitration requires a hearing, and if the claim does not exceed the limit of $10,000, then the arbitration will proceed based solely on the documents that TRYP Rides and you submit to the Arbitrator. For any claims exceeding $10,000, the AAA Rules will dictate your right to a hearing. It is up to the Arbitrator, operating within the bounds of the AAA Rules, to govern and manage an exchange of information by the parties that is reasonable and consistent with the accelerated purpose of said arbitration.
The AAA Rules specify a timeframe within which the Arbitrator will determine an award. Any court that has competent jurisdiction to hold the judgement of the arbitration award may be valid. Injunctive or declaratory relief may be awarded by the Arbitrator if it is only in favor of the claimant and only to the extent that is deemed necessary for the relief that is warranted by the claimant’s individual claim. All decisions made by the Arbitrator shall be final and all parties involved shall be bound to said decisions. Therefore, there shall be no precedential or collateral estoppel effect of the Arbitrator’s decision or judgement. Attorneys’ fees and expenses shall be compensated to the prevailing party in an arbitration in accordance with applicable law. TRYP Rides waives any rights and shall not seek attorneys’ fees and expenses under the event that TRYP Rides may be the prevailing party during an arbitration.
Costs of Arbitration
The AAA Rules shall be solely responsible for setting forth any necessary feels that you are responsible to pay for any AAA filing, administrative, and/or arbitrator fees.
Modifications or Amendments
Severability and Survival
You acknowledge and agree that the rights granted herein are personal in nature and may not, in whole or in part, be transferred, delegated, or assigned by you without the prior written express consent of TRYP Rides . In the event you assign this agreement to a third party with TRYP Rides consent, you shall remain primarily liable for the performance of its obligations hereunder. Nothing herein shall prevent TRYP Rides from assigning its rights or obligations under this Agreement.
Contacting TRYP Rides
Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions or concerns regarding the terms and conditions within this Agreement, your interactions with TRYP Rides or usage of the Platform or Services, and the practices of TRYP Rides as a whole.